Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Surprising Wal-Mart Experience


Today I visited Wal-Mart to do my grocery shopping. Normally the only employee you come into contact with there is the greeter and the cashier, but today I was pleasantly surprised. Tired after shopping for forty-five minutes, while carrying my infant daughter, I was upset to find a frozen bag of food was unsealed. While I was debating whether or not it was worth it to travel back to the frozen foods section a nearby employee came to assit me and actually went back and got a new package for me! I was so happy with my service, it made my day and long wait at the cash register a little more pleasant.


I have tried to search online for other people that have had good customer service at Wal-Mart but have come up empty-handed. It seems most people have never had good customer service there or if they have, have never thought to write about it.


Most of the press that Wal-Mart does receive is all negative when concerning their customer service. Consumeraffairs.com(http://www.consumeraffairs.com/retail/walmart_customer_service.html) gives a list of many customers that have experienced bad service from Wal-Mart. Yet, the underlying theme in most of these complaints is that the consumer normally returns to do business with Wal-Mart.

No comments: