Sunday, October 12, 2008

It Pays To Complain




Coming from a small town. You would expect the restaurants in it to be good. I live in Spring Lake, a very small town and I must admit some of the fast food places in it are awful. I would rather drive to a neighboring town than eat at McDonald's, Subway, or Burger King in Spring Lake. I'm not sure if its the workers or the management but your food is either wrong, awful tasting, or takes forever to get.




One experience sticks out in my mind whenever I think of the Subway in Spring Lake and always causes me to go to the Fruitport store. I was on a Subway binge for a few weeks and decided to go to the local Spring Lake one. I walk in and it is very busy but all I can hear the employees complaining about working. There are only three people behind the counter but only two are taking orders and running the cash register, the other is making a sub for herself, which is actually holding up the line. I patiently wait, anticipating my grilled chicken sub and ask for it to be toasted but not too much because I don't want it burnt. The employees are very rude and you can tell they're just annoyed to be working. I get home and go to eat my sub and the chicken is so burnt its brown, the bread is so bad it crumbles when I try to break it off. I was so disappointed I decided to e-mail the general manager and complain.

I actually received an e-mail back from the manager apologizing and asking for my address so he could send me some free sub coupons. I was shocked. I had expected at the most an automated e-mail, but that wasn't the case. Needless to say, the Spring Lake Subway was not where I used my coupons.

No comments: