Thursday, October 2, 2008

Do People Not Work During the Day?




My mother and I recently went shopping on a Wednesday. We went to Younkers, Kohls, and a few other various stores. The reason we went was for their sales that started that day. We shopped from about 12:00-2:00, thinking this is a time when no one should be shopping, everyones at work, it won't be very busy. Except it was just the opposite!! Everyone was there snatching up all the sale items, it was crazy!! It made me think, what job do these people have that they can get out to shop all day? Will someone please tell me because I want that job!! I know they were all out because of the sales that had started, but what about waiting until after you get out of work? Did they just take the day off to enjoy their shopping experience?

This also gets me thinking about why businesses such as these start their sales on a Wednesday, right in the middle of the week. Why not start it at the beginning of the week like Monday? Or the beginning of the weekend, such as Friday or Saturday, when people don't have to work and they have the time to go shopping? Is this some marketing tool that they use to get people to come into their store more during the week?

No comments: